Tasha Tuesday

Photo by Richard Brown from "The Private World of Tasha Tudor"

Happy Tasha Tuesday!~
How fitting that today I received a message from the Tasha Tudor and Family website announcing special events going on at the new Tasha Tudor Museum in West Brattleboro, VT. to celebrate Tasha's birthday this week.
Tasha's birthday is August 28, and the museum opens on August 26 with lots of fabulous activities that any Tasha Tudor fan would thrill at.

If you're lucky enough to be in the Vermont area this week, here is a listing of what will be going at the museum:

Opening Day:
Learn more about one of Tasha's most beloved traditions, see a table set for tea and more. Join us on opening day from 10am to 5pm to learn about the exhibit from our new Curator of Exhibitions and Interpretation, Leigh Branson. Admission Rates: $5 for adults. Seniors over 65 and Children under 12 $3. Charter Members and Tasha Tudor Society Members $3

Open Spinning Bee:
August 27th from 10am to 1pm

Come be apart of a Tasha tradition, gather under a canopy, in a circle of friends,

bring your wheels and spindles, share in the stories and traditions of the handcrafted life of Tasha Tudor, depart with warm memories and a bag of fibers. Hosted by extra special volunteer, Jenna Konesko. Limited to the first 15 spinners to arrive or, as space opens throughout the day. No Admission fee to the bee.

Fiber Demonstration: From fleece to dish towel

August 27th from 10am to 3pm

Watch fiber arts volunteer, Patty Blomgren weaving on Tasha's antique Barn Loom. Experienced weavers may try weaving on the very loom Tasha used. Included in Museum admission

Brattleboro's Gallery Walk

September 2 from 4-7pm

Meet Tasha's son Seth, who will be on hand to greet visitors from 4:30-6:30pm. Seth Tudor built Tasha's home using only hand-tools and makes antique reproduction furniture. Free admission from 4-7pm during Gallery Walk.

Museum Store: Visit our popular gift shop which features Tasha Tudor books, cards, and more.

September open hours: Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat 10-3 or other times by appointment.


*******


It sounds like a grand ol' time! I hope someday I can get up to New England and visit this museum. I'm so glad that something has been organized to memorialize Tasha and her work and life. And its doubly special since it is her family behind the museum.


For more info on the museum, visit HERE

5 comments

  1. I can't be there but I still LOVE your reading your Tasha Tuesday posts Heather!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I had the time and money to go! I live in Plattsburgh, New York and the museum is about 180 miles from me. Maybe next year I can set aside a day and head out for an adventure! The activities sound so interesting and it has been a long time dream to learn to process fiber into a yarn and then weave it.
    I think it was a wonderful idea for the family to do this so that her fans can actually see some of her favorite things. Great post!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go as well, I have adored tash Tudor for such a long time, I only I have oneof her books but its a treasure for sure,,thanks for sharing this,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO hoping the museum has fall hours - as me and the hubby are planning to take a day trip over to Vermont (just a few hours away). I'd LOVE to visit the museum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea that this exsisted until I saw Farie Moon's post about her. I have her book and love it very much
    thanks for all the info
    peace n abundance,
    CheyAnne

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top