Natural Beauty: Honey and Spice Mask

So for about a week now I've been keeping up my homemade beauty routine, which consists of drinking a cup of barley water a day (as in, just a tea cup full) and putting this rather lovely and goopy and literally tasty mask on each night. It's another recipe that I found on pinterest with the original post being found HERE.

I have to say, I think this mask is my favorite so far of my new beauty routine because you can see the results almost instantly. When I started using it my skin was dry and a little red and blotchy mainly from all that skin goes through in the winter. The mask is really simple-- you mix together about 2 tbsp of honey with about 1 tsp each of cinnamon and nutmeg and then smear it all over your face-- especially your cheeks, chin and forehead. Go ahead and take a taste, it's delicious! Can't say that about most beauty products!
You leave the mask on for about half an hour (you might want to check yourself in the mirror a few times to make sure you're not dripping, haha) and then just gently scrub it all off with a wet wash cloth.

The honey seems to sooth and moisturize the skin while the spices give a gentle exfoliation. So not only do you help with the dried out winter skin, you also decrease redness and sooth. Afterwards I use a homemade toner made of apple cider vinegar and water that you can read about HERE and moisturize. It's very gentle, very decadent, and very much within the contents of the average pantry. There's also not a chemical in sight, which is a very good thing :)

Next up I'm really interested in making up some homemade soap and perhaps even homemade lotion.

Hope you enjoyed a little more homemade beauty!~
~H

12 comments

  1. Well that sounds really easy, and you know exactly what's gone in to it, no chemicals. I might even give that a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds lovely, I have a recipe for lotion I use, 15grams beeswax

    130 ml sweet almond oil

    50ml rosewater, you melt the wax then add the other ingredients and whip it with a mixer, it fluffs up and makes a lovely lotion.

    I have never made soaps but I have extremely sensitive skin, I try to make as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes; perfect. This winter my skin has been so very, very dry and this mask sounds like the perfect solution. All the ingredients are downstairs in the kitchen ready and waiting.

    If you are interested in making soap maybe you could visit Soule Mama's blog. She wrote a post about their newly acquired soap making skills a couple of weeks ago, I think?

    Have a beautiful week and yes; we are LOVING our puppy! He is two and a half months old and a CUTIE!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo I might have to try this, I have very wintery skin at the minute too, although I'm not sure I'll remember to do it every night.

    Thanks for the tip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the "recipe" - it sounds too delicious to smear it on your face. I'd be tempted to dribble some down my lips! LOL So glad it's working out for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing,I am so going to try this! My skin is very dry in the winter and it's driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I shall have to try this!! Thank you for sharing! I recently started using plain ol' raw honey to wash my face morning and night, and it's miraculous how much my skin's improved already. Plus, it's yummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd enjoy this post more if you shared a picture of yourself with this mask on! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am going to do this starting tomorrow! What a wonderful idea and we, as women, are absolutely worth it!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely need to try this one, too! It sounds easy enough. I've been tempted in the past to make my own soap, but it looks like so much work! Thankfully, there are homemade soap makers on etsy, so I can continue in my laziness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the face mask recipe! I've been trying more natural products lately, but anything I can make myself is even better!
    Lovely blog, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, yummy. We wash with honey everyday but never thought of adding spices. Great idea xox Clarice

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top