Tasha Tuesday


      Hello there~ and Happy Tasha Tuesday~
          I'm glad to wake up to find this Tuesday morning calm and blue-skied. It stormed terribly last night, one of those big storms that the plains are famous for; tornadoes touching down in the north, and me stumbling out of bed at 3 a.m. to rescue hanging baskets from hurling to to their demise from the porch. Luckily, nothing but the debris of blown over patio furniture cushions in the yard today. The rabbits are safe in their hutch, and the garden is a little windblown, but intact. I think it will be a good day.


    Another thing to make it a good day is the new newsletter from the Tasha Tudor Museum. It's such a well made newsletter--- all color and packed full of info. This season's newsletter talks about the latest exhibit at the museum-- "For the love of frocks" in which many of Tasha's prized dresses will be on display. Happily, you don't have to be in the U.S. or even on the mailing list to receive a newsletter--- they're all available to read online, visit HERE to see.


   Like Tasha, I can appreciate a nice vintage dress, but you'll never find me painting in one. I know Tasha worked in watercolor, which is more clean-up friendly, so maybe that's why she dared to paint in antique frocks. I always look more like I'm ready to go work in the yard! I've got several go-to pieces that are already splattered in paint that I tend to wear, and I think it's highly unlikely they'll ever wind up in a museum :)


   I would love to see this show at the museum though-- it runs May 4 to October 20. Perfect for a summer trip if you're ever near Vermont. I'd love to go someday. Someday! I think volunteering at this museum would be a complete dream come true too. I'm so glad it's happened, and that Tasha and her work will be remembered for generations. She was a complicated woman, no doubt. But her talent and vision are without question. 


Happy Tasha Tuesday~
H

12 comments

  1. Hi there sweet you! I would love to go too. how wonderful that would be :) you know I´ve always imagined me walking around in dresses and headbands like Tasha, in my garden when old...how wonderful ..the dreams! Mailed you a little just a minute ago. hope you are well from your cold now ***

    love Lycke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I look like I'm ready to plant a garden when i'm painting and Tasha always looked so proper, so lovely, I loved the photos of her in her bare feet in her lovely dresses, I wish I was clser I would loveto see this exhibit,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vermont has been on my bucket list of places to visit and now I know one place I will visit when I finally get a chance to go!! Love the link to visit the museum too so thanks. It is so hot down here in Florida that most of her dresses would be too heavy to wear. We are into shorts, sleeveless tops and flip flops for gardening down here. Already reaching 90 degrees every day recently!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope to go to see the museum some time in the future;-D


    Those roses in the picture are just STUNNING!! :-)
    Blessings and Hugs, Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received a new doll pattern that I ordered in the mail today...guess who it is...Tasha. It's really sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh that would be a really awesome exhibition. Too bad Paul doesn't get more vacation. We're using his two weeks this year to go to England (I'm very excited).

    I looked through the newsletter online and it made me really sad that I don't live in New England. I really need to be somewhere with more history!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Tasha Tudor Museum in Vermont and Beatrix Potter´s home Hill Topp in England are among my dream places to visit. One day I will hopefully. It´s good though that it´s possible to feel a bit "Tasha atmosphere" wherever you are in the world. Through her books and through getting inspiration from her life style. I once read about a woman who works in the garden in Vermont. Seems like a wonderful place to work...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Tasha Tudor Museum in Vermont and Beatrix Potter´s home Hill Topp in England are among my dream places to visit. One day I will hopefully. It´s good though that it´s possible to feel a bit "Tasha atmosphere" wherever you are in the world. Through her books and through getting inspiration from her life style. I once read about a woman who works in the garden in Vermont. Seems like a wonderful place to work...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Tasha's books, and admire the way she lived. I confess I was very disappointed in how she left things with her children, and it did interfere with my rosy view of her lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Tasha's books, and admire the way she lived. I confess I was very disappointed in how she left things with her children, and it did interfere with my rosy view of her lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your blog through your comments on mine and I love the Tasha Tuesdays! I just adore Tasha Tudor, both her artwork and lifestyle. Your artwork is stunning as well! I looked through your etsy shop and especially loved the Knitted Love piece. I was chuckling a little because I too have a love of beards and knitting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top