Hello there! How is it already Thursday? Time seems to just be flying. I'm afraid it will be December before I know it. 
   I've been busy working in my little art room, listening to Christmas music (when am I not, really) with a couple of lazy dogs passed out at my feet. 
   Today I'm working on a couple of silhouette ornaments that I"m donating to the Make Tulsa tree that we are submitting to the Philbrook Museum  Festival of Trees. People will have a chance to bid on and purchase unique handmade trees with the funds going to support the museum. Our tree is 'woodland themed' and the tree doubles as a bookcase. It's going to be so cute!

   Something else that has kept me occupied is the idea of really following through on my old ambition of writing and illustrating a real book. It's something I've always wanted to do, but up til now have psyched myself out about. It's so easy to put ourselves into a box and say "this is what I do. I can't move too far out of my comfort zone."
   But do you know who publishes books? Or does anything, for that matter? The people who start and (most importantly) finish a project! So, I might as well try it, right?
   Yesterday I spent a lot of time working on my story and actually finished it. It involves the prairie, and tomtens and Christmas. Would that be a book you'd slip off the shelf and want to read? I hope so :)

  Well, much to do today, so I'm off to get started! I hope you also get to try something new this week. Perhaps you'll surprise yourself? You'll never know unless you try...

~H

11 comments

  1. Oh Heather, this sounds exciting!! I would love a book written and illustrated by you. Your subject matter seems like a perfect fit with all of the paintings you did over the past year with the Scandinavian influence. And like you say, you just have to put your best idea out there and see what happens. For sure if you don't, nothing will happen . I am staying tuned to this station................!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything written and illustrated by you would be awesome! Can't wait to see it. It's so awesome that you went outside your comfort zone and pursued your passion. You are so right about how we get in our little boxes.

    Sent you an email earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also love a book written and illustrated by you- I would buy it in an instant :)

    And those silhuoettes that you paint- they are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would read a book written by you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A book by you would be beautiful, no doubt about it :) Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds exactly like the kind of book we want to read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooooh....tomtens!!! Heather, I really hope you don't mind me FREAKING OUT at you, but I think we are long lost soul sisters, I really do. I LOVE TOMTENS!!! Did a big post on them last holiday season. I think it's marvelous that you're making your dream of creating a book come true, I've wanted to write one for ages and have never done it, also I can't draw, so I's have to collaborate with someone if I got serious about it. I would LOVE to read a book you'd done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tree sounds lovely, what a wonderful idea.

    Of course I'd want to read a book by you. Good luck with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love those ornaments! They're little pieces of art! Oh you have to write a book! It would be so wonderful. I'd love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you have the same book on children's illustration as I have. Do go ahead and get that book published because if you don't you will regret it:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Heather, what wonderful news! I am so thrilled that you're working on a book. I know it will turn out wonderfully. I love the ornaments you are working on - I think the tree is going to look amazing! Will be looking forward to seeing the photos. Sounds like you have a very tight-knit crafty community where you live - and that is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top