Delicious Autumn!


      Like a child counting down to Christmas, I am counting down to September. No matter that autumn officially starts at the end of the month, once the calendar turns over to September, all bets are off in my mind-- it's autumn!
   Going through my photos of last year's New England trip, I found this photo of a little clapboard salt box in Deerfield, Mass. To me, it just screams "perfect autumn dwelling!" and I love to imaging walking through that old gate and going in that pretty door--- pumpkin pie in hand, ready for an autumn party.
   So, I think that's what we should do! (well, figuratively, don't think we can show up at these people's house and tell them we're there to party, haha!) 
   Starting September 1, we will have oh so much fun and revelry here! Sweet treats and giveaways, new art and the Autumn Gathering, all to usher in this beautiful season! I'm getting back into a groove where I can paint more and visit with you more, and I can't wait to see what you're all up to as autumn comes with all its festivities, beautiful colors, and spooky tales. 
   So be sure to come visit often this autumn, to see what's going on! Cut yourself a piece of pumpkin pie, get a pretty mug of coffee or cider and come on over.....it's nearly time for delicious autumn!

However....
   We have one more thing to celebrate as summer comes to a close! Be sure to come back on Thursday as we celebrate Tasha Tudor's 99th Birthday!

13 comments

  1. Love it!! And this is bringing back so many great memories of last year with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just imagine us walking up and down those sidewalks together :D amazing memories!!!

      Delete
  2. That is my favorite house in Deerfield! Didn't they let you tour it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didnt do any tours in Deerfield, we just walked around....we got there late in the day (after we'd gone to the Tasha Museum and the Yankee Candle Village) and everything was closing up as we arrived. Still, it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote from George Eliot! And I am totally with you that September 1 marks the sweet and delicious entrance of Fall! Your house photo today from Deerfield is lovely and it sure does make one want to go inside and visit awhile. I am imagining there is a faint smell of woodsmoke from the fireplace still lingering. Or perhaps a recent small fire to take the chill off the air on a rainy day? A slice of Pumpkin Pie with hot tea or coffee would be delightful inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That house just seems to be inviting us to come inside. I'd even bring pie enough for all of us!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking this must be Tasha Tuesday when I saw the house ... will definitely be back Thursday! Not so autumnal here along Alabama's Gulf coast, but the day will surely come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you - soooo ready for fall! It's too bleepin' hot outside! Beautiful house, and I agree, it would be the perfect autumn dwelling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to know your favorite spooky stories!!!! Autumn is simply the best season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing!
    I think Fall is in everyone's hearts - it brings with it such wonderful aromas that trigger memories.
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn is the best- the colors, the coziness, the candlelight, the chilliness after the heat of summer....I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed so very much, September is Autumn! Being so far north here, early to mid-September is when our leaves are at their most bright and vibrant before falling, by early October and especially Halloween our trees are bare. While it doesn't really work with the happy vibrant depiction of Halloween in Disney films, it certainly reminds me of the Sleepy Hollow type of Halloween, bare trees, whipping winds, very dark!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your blog! Thanks so much for entering my blog give-away! I'm very grateful, because now I've found your delightful blog and shop!

    And I recognized the house in your header image instantly! Historic Deerfield is one of my favorite places, and never prettier than in the autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top