Happy Christmas!~


    Happy Christmas, friends! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Day! And now it is the 3rd day of Christmas! I may have just eaten pecan pie for lunch. Ah, but we are still feasting, yes?! ;)

   I hope you had a peaceful, joy filled day. It's been quieter around here than I intended, with our internet and cable unexpectedly going out on Tuesday and today is the first day I've been able to sit down to my computer and have it all work! Perhaps it was the work of Christmas Spirit, getting us all a little less 'plugged in' so we could focus on each other. I'm going to think of it that way, at any rate!

   
   We are still celebrating, as my husband's family are coming in today for a little Christmas, and this morning we received a totally unexpected snowfall! It was not something we thought would happen at all--- honestly, as kooky as Oklahoma has been lately with earthquakes and all, volcano ash falling would have made as much sense as snow ;) 

  Just another example of Mother nature pulling one over on the weathermen, who mentioned nothing of this sort--- and to think, we went out walking yesterday and didn't even need coats. 

  This morning I went outside to feed the outdoor creatures (our rabbits, the wild birds) and it was just quiet perfection. When I got to the bird feeder, a mourning dove stirred and cooed in the cedar boughs, and I just stopped for a moment to enjoy it. Something about snowfall just distills the peace of winter, I think. I know I always enjoy this rare treat here on the prairie.


     The quiet part of winter is now upon us, although we are still considering it Christmas until January 6 when we have Epiphany. I had hoped Robbie would be born on Epiphany....but he came 4 days later. Which reminds me me--- we're going to have a one year old in this house very soon!

  I'm looking forward to these quieter days of "Christmas" and the coming new year, for sure. The new year is always like a new chapter. I can't wait to see what 2015 brings. Hopefully more art, and more wonderful adventures! If all goes according to plan, there will be another New England adventure in my future for 2015! I can't wait!

   And so....must go for now, but thanks for stopping in! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, friends!
heather

4 comments

  1. Merry Christmas! I'm jealous of your snow! Apparently, despite the occasional weather prediction on the news that got my hopes up, we're not in for any of it. Sigh. Happy 3rd Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the third day o Christmas, my true love sent to me 3 French Hens!! We are in the airport waiting on our flight to Iceland where I think we should see snow ! They have several days of rain forecast so not sure of howuch snow is on the ground. Stay tuned! I will try and send a photo if I can. Enjoy your continuation of family celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks lovely!!! blessed 12 days! being unplugged is not a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh Happy Christmas Heather! It seems as though you had a really lovely one. And snow too! How enchanting! I can't believe Robbie is going to be one. It feels as though you were just announcing his arrival! I am completely jealous of your potential New England adventure in 2015. I hope I will get to have one soon too :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top