First Painting of 2015: Candlelit Vows


    Sometimes the idea for a painting just takes hold and it just seems....meant to be, from rough sketch to finishing touch. This painting was one of those lucky pieces! I sat down to paint it....when....this weekend? And finished it up Sunday evening.

   It was so much fun to create, and a little back story started running through my mind as I painted it, but I didn't want it to be too specific of a piece--- because I'd like for it to work for many couples, no matter what denomination of Christianity they are practicing. 

  However, I liked the idea of the icons representing Christ and Mary as 'attending guests.' And the guests themselves represent various stages of life this couple will see-- from little children, to parents, to grandparents. So much legacy and tradition is wrapped up in the ceremony of a marriage, and I wanted to capture this--- plus the excitement of a fresh new start-- in this piece.

  This past October we celebrated our 10th anniversary--- can you believe it, a wedding without Pinterest? And I hardly knew any of my so crafty and talented friends that I know now! We did get a little crafty though--- I remember saving dried hydrangeas from friends and friends of friends and then floral spraying them fall colors for our centerpieces. Oh, the olden days!  ;) hehehe....

   I do love a good wedding though, and I've been the photographer at three of them for friends. It's always so much fun! 

  As for the painting -- it is now for sale in my etsy shop! You can see it HERE. It would be a wonderful unique present for an upcoming wedding, or even an anniversary. I think it's a favorite of mine already, and I'm looking forward to it finding a good home!

  Perhaps with you?
Til next time--
H

7 comments

  1. This is just so sweet and beautiful, Heather! One of the great treasures of your paintings are all of the subtle details in the background. I love the story that these details give in support of the couple saying their vowels. What a beautiful gift this will make for a new bride and groom or a couple celebrating many years together. What a great kick-off for 2015 at AE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...this is just beautiful!!! What a great way to start off the new year :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely stunning Heather. What a beautiful way to kick off creating for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing piece of art, Heather! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely--all of it. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love this painting - what amazing talent you have and thank you for sharing it with others.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top