New art and an interview


       Last week I finished a second saint painting, this one a commission of St. Clare. I'm pleased with how she came out, and it was fun to interpret this saint since "Claire" is my daughter's middle name! Saint Clare was from Assisi, same as St. Francis, and was actually inspired to devote her life to God after hearing St. Francis speak.  Her feast day is August 11 and she's the Patron Saint of eye disorders and Television (interesting combo, huh?) You can read more about her HERE.

   As for me, we've been keeping busy around here, which is made more interesting by babies getting up at 5 a.m. (why why why????) and parts of the family feeling under the weather. I have so many ideas of things I want to paint, and there's just not enough hours in the day. We are just in the thick of toddlerhood at the moment--- and Robbie is now taking his first steps! Hard to believe! The saying is right--- the days are long, but the years are short. But sometimes those days feel realllllly long ;)

  In other news, I am the latest featured artist over at The Orthodox Children's Press! I'm so honored to have been asked to be featured there. It was such a pleasure to be able to chat with Prsv. Angela about my art, specifically why I like to use icons in my art and how faith shapes my creations. 

   Well, time to get back to work! Mama's work is never done, is it? I've got a date with a good book and maybe some knitting tonight though, and I'm looking forward to it!~

   Chat with you later!~
h

5 comments

  1. I do love your paintings, just beautiful, my middle name is Clare too.
    Yes a Mother's work is never done but we will miss it once it is gone.
    Have a lovely day.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's a lovely interview! liked the 'even if only 10 minutes a day' part :) have you read any Madeleine L' Engle? she was an Anglican like you are and knew of Orthodoxy in part as well. Love your paintings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love Madeleine L'Engle! She has a book about art and God called "Walking on Water" that is amazing. I'm reading it really slowly because its such a fascinating book with lots to think about!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on such a wonderful interview! I am so happy that you were able to share with more people your love of art and how so many faith traditions inspire you!

    I also really love your St. Clare painting and enjoyed learning more about her life and faith contributions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love St. Clare! That's a very nice painting.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top