New Original Painting: Santa Maria


    This past week I've been working on this new painting, and I'm so happy with how it turned out! I'd originally meant it to be a Byzantine style Madonna and Child but somewhere along the line, it took a southwestern turn ;) which is fine with me, I like it!
   A bold and busy border finds its quiet center in the level gaze of the Madonna, and the baby is a little bigger, with a head full of dark curls.
   Perhaps its the warmer temperatures lately, but I've been loving intense red with metallics and turquoise and bold angles.
   This painting is now for sale as an original in my etsy shop and yes, I will have some prints made!~
  
Hope you're having a great week!~
h

3 comments

  1. I love the Theotokos in blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I love this ... thought perhaps it was part of your new textile designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I love this Madonna with the SW style border. Wowza!! The colors are just beautiful too! I especially love the stars on Mary's veil.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top