Original Art


    I'm perched here this afternoon on a chair in my studio, watching a spring storm roll through. Luckily I just got back from the post office before it began to pour, but the thunder was rolling....I felt a bit like Marianne in Sense and Sensibility: "You always say it wont rain and it always does!"

   I'm finally feeling feisty again though, after weeks of being under the weather. I kept thinking if I just toughed it out and pushed through I'd get over the constantly aching head and ears and stuffiness....but no. It took a trip to the doctor for me, and later one for the baby and now we're finally getting back to our old selves!

   I just finished up this painting above called "Born At Home" Which I've just finished and listed on etsy! You can find it HERE. I'll write more about it in my next blog post, I'm very pleased with how it came out! I've also listed my little painting "A Kiss For Saint George" which is a popular print--- now someone can have the original! :D

   Also---- dont forget! If you're local, we're having our first "Sketchbook Club" meeting on May 7! Would love to have you join us!~

3 comments

  1. Oh I how I'd love a good thunder storm, we don't get them in Alaska! The finished painting is lovely, I'm sure it won't be in your shop for long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your latest painting is very sweet. I love the spring colors too! Have you watched the series "Call the Midwife" on PBS? This theme reminds me of those wonderful episodes. Glad you are finally feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Heather,

    I love your newest painting! I had seven babies at home, and there is such a difference between the atmosphere of home and a hospital (of course those have their place!).

    You have portrayed that sweet feeling perfectly.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top