Custom House Portrait: The Wells Farmhouse


   I've always loved a good commissioned portrait--- and I am enjoying this new foray into a different version--- antique home portraits!
   This house portrait is of the sweet "Wells Farmhouse", nestled in historic Setauket, Long Island. This beautiful cape was recently purchased by Erin at Bygone Living and I am thrilled to think that my painting will now be hanging above this beautiful antique home's mantle.

  I am working on my 'architectural' skills these days--- and the old homes are always my favorite!

  This portrait has many special details requested by the owner--- a blooming lilac, budding crabapple, a little black cat and a ship model in the window. In the background there is also a small footbridge with weeping willows and deer.

  I'd love to do more custom antique home portrait work, especially after I get the holiday seasons finished with. Come January, I will be ready to curl up with lots of special projects, and it will be here before we know it....I'm already painting Christmas art!

  I'm getting a new custom work page created, so I'll be able to prices and options to show you all very soon.
Stay tuned!~!
H

2 comments

  1. I am so glad I decided to commission you to do this piece- you knew exactly what I was looking for and it came out just perfectly! Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. This will not only be a treasure throughout my life, but a family heirloom for generations to come <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin-- This IS a wonderful painting and family heirloom!! Heather did a fantastic job. Enjoy this lovely painting!!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top