New Painting: Our Lady of Hope

    The weekend of all the violence in Charlottesville sent me out to the studio. Painting is my refuge, and that's usually how I sort myself out-- even, sometimes, before I realize just what I am sorting out-- and that weekend was no different.
   What came of that time painting was this piece--- Our Lady of Hope. I wanted to give her strength, courage--- she's looking right out at the world with a level gaze; but also compassion, mercy, Hope because she sees much farther than we do, in the heat and emotion of the moment.
  There are people out there who are much more better at articulating in word, in action, in policy, in shaping this world than I. But I felt like it was my job to 'cast a stone and cause many ripples', as Mother Theresa once said. It's my job to make sure we still have some beauty in the chaos, and so this is my latest effort. I hope you like her.

 
~H

No comments

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather

Back to Top